Address: 5100 Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY, 11234
- 10:00 - 21:30 ( Mon - Fri ) 10:00 - 22:00 ( Sat ) 11:00 - 20:00 ( Sun )
Kings Plaza is a shopping center located within the Marine Park/Mill Basin section of Brooklyn, which opened in 1970. Originally consisting of the now defunct Alexander's, as well as Macy's department store chains, it began to operate a branch of Sears in 1997, and underwent extensive renovations in 2001. Most recently, Kings Plaza closed the Waldenbooks book store, Suncoast videos and Sam Goody music store. The Banana Republic store was closed and changed into a children's clothing store named Kidstown recently and a Godiva chocolate store was added.
With approximately 4,200 jobs in retail services and over 120 individual stores, Kings Plaza is the largest such shopping center within the borough of Brooklyn.
It is home to the world's first Sbarro pizza outlet.
Although crime has been reduced significantly within New York City the neighborhood surrounding Kings Plaza has been a frequent source of concern, with many robberies occurring within and around the shopping center's location in years past.
Unlike traditional malls in the United States, shoppers visiting Kings Plaza have to pay for parking their cars on mall premises. The parking fee is currently $2 per vehicle. Kings Plaza recently[when?] closed its outdoor parking lot, where a Lowe's home and hardware store is to be built.Anchors
* Macy's (325,303 sq ft (30,222 m²))
* Sears (289,215 sq ft (26,869 m²))
* Loews Cineplex Odeon (32,382 sq ft (3,008 m²))
* Old Navy (28,147 sq ft (2,615 m²))
* H&M (24,146 sq ft (2,243 m²))
* Gap/Gap Kids/Baby Gap (22,175 sq ft (2,060 m²))
* Modell's (16,894 sq ft (1,570 m²))
* Express (16,626 sq ft (1,545 m²). total, Express - 10,365 sq ft (963 m²)., Express Men - 6,261 sq ft (582 m²))
* New York & Company (11,118 sq ft (1,033 m²))* Kidstown (10,000 sq ft (1,000 m²))