Address: 90-15 Queens Blvd, Elmhurst, NY, 11373
- 10:00 - 21:30 ( Mon - Sat ) 11:00 - 20:00 ( Sun )
Queens Center is an urban shopping mall owned by The Macerich Company in the Elmhurst section of Queens, a borough of New York City. It is located at the intersection of Queens Boulevard and Woodhaven Boulevard, two of the borough's busiest streets. It is adjacent to the Woodhaven Boulevard (E G R V) station on the IND Queens Boulevard Line of the New York City Subway. It is also off Exit 19 on the busy Long Island Expressway. The mall has a gross leasable area of 963,041 square feet (89,500 mï¿½) and 150 stores. It is considered one of the most profitable malls on a per square foot in the United States, with 2002 sales of $953 per square foot, almost triple the national average.
Queens Center opened in 1972 on land previously occupied by a children's amusement park named Fairyland, a supermarket and automobile parking. From 2002â€“2004, a massive renovation of the mall took place, doubling its size by expanding and renovating the original mall and adding a new wing across the street. The two wings are connected by a large multi-level bridge over 92nd Street.
Its anchor stores are Macy's and J.C. Penney, each located at different ends of the mall.
The Macy's location in Queens Center was chosen as a model site to be open 24 hours a day during the Christmas shopping season, for 83 straight hours, from 7 a.m. on Thursday, December 21 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, December 24, 2006, when the doors close on Christmas Eve. The location was chosen as it is one of the busiest locations in the country.Anchors
* Express (10,396 sq. ft.)
* Forever 21 (11,340 sq. ft.)
* Gap (17,728 sq. ft. total, The Gap - 8,901 sq. ft., Gap Body - 3,757 sq. ft., Gap Kids/Baby Gap - 5,070 sq. ft.)
* H & M (24,202 sq. ft.)
* JCPenney (202,400 sq. ft., formerly located in a 157,000 sq. ft. location before relocating to the expansion, the old space is now more mall space)
* Macy's (365,500 sq. ft.)
* Modell's Sporting Goods (20,120 sq. ft.)
* Urban Outfitters (12,757 sq. ft.)* XIOS (10,500 sq. ft.)